A question about a recipe: Marcella Hazan's Rice and Smothered Cabbage Soup

31eb1491 9cfe 4cf6 b5cb 2cc0d31133b7  genius marcellas smothered cabbage and rice soup food52 mark weinberg 6108

I have a question about the recipe "Marcella Hazan's Rice and Smothered Cabbage Soup" from Genius Recipes. Could this be done in an Instant Pot? If so, how long would the last cooking stage be for?

asked by Missie 11 months ago

former Community Editor

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet Missie. If you've already tried it let us know how it worked out for you in the Instant Pot.

Exbruxelles

It's an interesting idea and surely worth trying since all the ingredients are so cheap. I'd saute the onions first, though, before adding the cabbage. And I think the second stage would be 6-8 minutes.

Exbruxelles

I tested this over the weekend and making this recipe in an Instapot. I sauteed the onions first and then cooked the cabbage for 30 minutes under pressure. I added stock and rice and cooked for an additional 6 minutes. The result is exactly the same as making it the traditional way, although I suspect Marcella would not have approved....

former Community Editor

Thanks for reporting back Exbruxelles, glad to hear it worked well for you.

patty@bryce

Thanks for sharing!