A question about a recipe: Stewy White Beans with Escarole, Garlic, and Sizzled Rosemary

87608572 131b 4f98 af98 00fb9c7a94f5  2017 1115 imagine foods stewy white beans sponsored post without packaging ads edit rocky luten 0535

I have a question about the recipe "Stewy White Beans with Escarole, Garlic, and Sizzled Rosemary" from Sarah Jampel. How large of a rind of parmesan?

asked by cindy about 1 year ago

Waiting to see if Sarah Jampel has some specific tips.
General practice...
Rinds from hard cheese (Parmesan et al) are usually saved in freezer and added to soups/stews to add some depth of flavor. Also a way to get the last bit of flavor out of a cheese.
They're optional here. If you don't have one, omit. If yes, usually use one rind per batch, but if you have more and want to amp up the cheese flavor, add a couple.

cindy

Thank you. I used a fairly large rind - worked out great.