🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: No-Bake Toasted Coconut, Date, and Nut Bars

9801d8c3 15bb 401d acee 0876118e2db5  food52 toasted coconut larabars 140

I have a question about the recipe "No-Bake Toasted Coconut, Date, and Nut Bars" from Jennifer Farley | Savory Simple. What would you do to make these bars less oily? Is it my technique? Can I just leave out the coconut butter? Or add something else to soak up the fat? Thanks so much. ;o)

asked about 1 month ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi AJ - I'm sorry that they've turned out oily for you. I would start slowly dialing back the coconut butter in successive batches until you find the sweet spot. (And then please report back on it!)