🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lovely Lasagna Rolls Filled with Spinach and Goat and Ricotta Cheese Bechamel

A9900474 d1b4 44e5 a5d5 c8ec063dec73  lasagna rolls one up medium

I have a question about the recipe "Lovely Lasagna Rolls Filled with Spinach and Goat and Ricotta Cheese Bechamel" from TheWimpyVegetarian. Can I substitute frozen spinach for fresh? Thank you!

asked by Lisa Smith 28 days ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Absolutely, just wring the water out of it after it's thawed.

You surely can. I have just 2 pieces of advice in that regard: 1. Thaw the frozen spinach thoroughly before using, and wring it out in a cloth tea towel VERY well. and 2. Buy frozen whole leaf spinach rather than chopped. You will need to chop it yourself after it's thawed, but oftentimes chopped spinach has an overabundance of stems in it... you'll get more actual spinach, and more attractive product if you buy the whole leaf spinach.

Thank you so much. If I am using frozen spinach, how much would you suggest using?