A question about a recipe: Brisket with Saba, Apricots, and Figs

4886fd56 94e7 4921 883e 33a2d144eef5  2017 1207 brisket with saba 3x2 mark weinberg 316

I have a question about the recipe "Brisket with Saba, Apricots, and Figs" from Valerio Farris. I can't find Saba, so I'll have to use balsamic as the base for the marinade. Do I need to dilute it with anything to account for the acidity?

asked by The Principal Cook 11 months ago

Valerio Farris
Valerio Farris

Valerio is a Staff Writer at Food52.

No need to dilute the vinegar. You can use the same amount as called for by the recipe. The taste will be slightly different, but not worse. Enjoy!

The Principal Cook

Thank you! Much to my surprise, I went to a specialty store this afternoon to buy fig and apricot balsamic and found Saba! So I'll be able to follow the recipe as written.