A question about a recipe: Whisky-Cured Salmon

B508f737 7fa1 4c46 8a17 a69341f13d6e  2017 1027 visit britain salmon whiskey process shot rocky luten 030

I have a question about the recipe "Whisky-Cured Salmon" from Valerie Aikman-Smith. Would it be ok to high quality, flash frozen salmon for this gravlox recipe?

asked by Joanna 6 months ago

Yes, in fact some people think that you should freeze salmon before making gravlax. The same principle applies to sashimi-grade salmon, which is frozen to kill parasites.

Joanna

Great, thank you!

valstylist

Hi Joanna yes you can altho I have only used fresh. However my brother in law who is Swedish says they freeze the salmon before curing it.