A question about a recipe: Whisky-Cured Salmon

B508f737 7fa1 4c46 8a17 a69341f13d6e  2017 1027 visit britain salmon whiskey process shot rocky luten 030

I have a question about the recipe "Whisky-Cured Salmon" from Valerie Aikman-Smith. Would it be ok to high quality, flash frozen salmon for this gravlox recipe?

asked by Joanna 10 months ago

Yes, in fact some people think that you should freeze salmon before making gravlax. The same principle applies to sashimi-grade salmon, which is frozen to kill parasites.

Joanna

Great, thank you!

valstylist

Hi Joanna yes you can altho I have only used fresh. However my brother in law who is Swedish says they freeze the salmon before curing it.