A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. Hello - I want to smoke my turkey in a big green egg at 225 after the dry brine do you think this is a good idea? I most concerned about having a moist turkey. Thanks

asked by saluces 12 months ago

Joanna Sciarrino
Joanna Sciarrino

Joanna is the Managing Editor at Food52

A dry-brine will likely do more than a wet brine to keep your turkey extra flavorful during smoking. Definitely go for it! But do keep an eye on the temperature of the breast—you want to make sure it doesn't go over 150°F or else it will be dry.

saluces

Joanna thank you for taking the time to answer. Very, very helpful information. Kind Regards Vashti