A question about a recipe: Pastitsio

03392cba 7860 453b 9758 ee8e146203b0  012610f 900

I have a question about the recipe "Pastitsio" from TheRunawaySpoon. I am planning to make at least a double recipe for a party on Tuesday evening. How much of this can I make ahead?

asked by healthierkitchen over 7 years ago

TheRunawaySpoon

It will keep assembled, but not baked, in the fridge for two days. It freezes beautifully, wrapped tightly in plastic, then in foil.

phyllis

I cooked this for our Oscar party and made all but the béchamel topping. The day before. I wrapped it well and put in fridge. It was fine. And our guests loved it.

healthierkitchen

TheRunawaySpoon - I can keep it in the fridge from Sunday then, with the topping, cheese and all? That would be just great!!

TheRunawaySpoon

Sunday to Tuesday - should be fine. Wrap it tightly in plastic, and obviously increase the cooking time.

CarlaCooks

TheRunawaySpoon (or anyone else), after freezing this, do you put it in the fridge the day before you want to cook it, or put it on the oven directly from the freezer? Thanks for the help!