What is the shelf-life of marcona almonds?

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Short. (The last time I bought them, the expiration on the bag was maybe a month or two.) Keep them in the freezer and they'll last longer.

I find they go rancid quite quickly -- I try to eat mine within 2 or 3 weeks.

But they are so delicious that you will gobble them within a day of opening the package. Or your friends and family will---unless you are importing a whole sea chest of them. Great with fat green olives.

calendargirl

drbabs is right, keeping any nuts in the freezer will prevent them from going rancid. The key is to buy them from a source where there is lots of turnover, which will insure that you start off with a fresh product. Then keep your marconas frozen until you are ready to eat them and take out just what you plan to consume. I find nuts come to room temp fairly quickly, especially if I put them in a shallow bowl an hour or two before serrving.