🔕 🔔

What is the shelf-life of marcona almonds?

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Short. (The last time I bought them, the expiration on the bag was maybe a month or two.) Keep them in the freezer and they'll last longer.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I find they go rancid quite quickly -- I try to eat mine within 2 or 3 weeks.

But they are so delicious that you will gobble them within a day of opening the package. Or your friends and family will---unless you are importing a whole sea chest of them. Great with fat green olives.

4f98639e b8b3 42cd 9b01 ec8a503c5fdd  2010 09 15 14.22.07

drbabs is right, keeping any nuts in the freezer will prevent them from going rancid. The key is to buy them from a source where there is lots of turnover, which will insure that you start off with a fresh product. Then keep your marconas frozen until you are ready to eat them and take out just what you plan to consume. I find nuts come to room temp fairly quickly, especially if I put them in a shallow bowl an hour or two before serrving.