A question about a recipe: Olive Oil Cake with Crème Fraîche, Pistachios, Orange, and Chocolate

235d5ab1 a06d 4465 b697 e7c81a86a63d  2017 1206 olive oil layer cake 3x2 julia gartland 3981

I have a question about the recipe "Olive Oil Cake with Crème Fraîche, Pistachios, Orange, and Chocolate " from Alice Medrich. It was delicious! But my cake sank quite a bit as it cooled, which made slicing it in half a bit of a challenge. Any idea so?

asked by Carol Hickman 10 months ago

3 ideas
1) if cake is baked through & you haven't in fact sliced in half, use cream designed to go between layers as a filling for the sunken part. Dust with some confectioners sugar & serve.
2) look at this article for possible causes contributing to low height or sunken result
https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/09/how-to-keep-a-cake-from-falling/
3) wait to hear from cookbook & recipe author