A question about a recipe: Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)

78cae79d 77b5 41f0 aa35 3fa740db975f  2018 0529 no cook artichoke dip 3x2 james ransom 169

I have a question about the recipe "Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)" from drbabs. What are your favorite olive oils for drizzling? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

asked by SKK over 7 years ago

Funny you should ask. i'm actually the recipe author and I posted this question recently:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

I can't claim any favorites. I've enjoyed Trader Joe's, I think it's called president's reserve or something like that. I even like Colavita (no flames please!), and I bought one at the farmer's market this past summer that i use a lot for dipping. I'd say use whatever you like.

gulenay

I like them stuffed with rice then you boil it. But you can crush with lemon juice olive oil and yogurt for a dip

Every extra virgin olive oil has its own character and flavor. For Tapenade, I would probably like to use a Provençal oil since Tapenade is a Provençal dish. My favorite in that category is Nicolas Alziari oil. They have a little store in Old Town Nice, but you can find the oil here in US at Williams Sonoma and chefshop.com. Povençal olive oills tend to be lighter in texture than those from farther south.