🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)

4ad054ca cc0d 11e5 801e 3c15c2d2bb38  53 full

I have a question about the recipe "Artichoke Dip (Which You Could Make into Tapenade by Adding Capers)" from drbabs. What are your favorite olive oils for drizzling? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

asked by SKK over 5 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Funny you should ask. i'm actually the recipe author and I posted this question recently:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

I can't claim any favorites. I've enjoyed Trader Joe's, I think it's called president's reserve or something like that. I even like Colavita (no flames please!), and I bought one at the farmer's market this past summer that i use a lot for dipping. I'd say use whatever you like.

I like them stuffed with rice then you boil it. But you can crush with lemon juice olive oil and yogurt for a dip

Every extra virgin olive oil has its own character and flavor. For Tapenade, I would probably like to use a Provençal oil since Tapenade is a Provençal dish. My favorite in that category is Nicolas Alziari oil. They have a little store in Old Town Nice, but you can find the oil here in US at Williams Sonoma and chefshop.com. Povençal olive oills tend to be lighter in texture than those from farther south.