A question about a recipe: Harissa Chicken with Leeks, Potatoes, and Yogurt

Eaae0487 bf4e 456b b213 89538b830c0d  screen shot 2017 02 23 at 12.45.35 pm

I have a question about the recipe "Harissa Chicken with Leeks, Potatoes, and Yogurt" from Melissa Clark. Does the chicken need to be cut in small pieces? e.g. the thighs and drumsticks

asked by Maria Goldstein 7 months ago

Maria - yes.
Melissa Clark explains why in the headnote to the recipe - to help all foods (whatever size or density) cook through by end of time in oven on single pan.

Maria Goldstein

Thank you, that's what I thought... but at the end she only says tu cut the potatoes in small chunks!

You're right.
Could be clearer.
Sometimes when people write recipes, and say things once, they think that's enough.

cookinginvictoria

When I make this dish, I cut the breasts in half but leave the legs and thighs whole, which seems to work well. BTW, this dish is amazing! Do try it, if you haven't already. :)