🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pickled Watermelon Radishes

Fb5b47ba cb96 4823 b4c7 b6afa023c2b0  7 jarredpickledwatermelonradishes

I have a question about the recipe "Pickled Watermelon Radishes" from Alexandra Stafford. Could I use rice vinegar or even apple cider vinegar instea of white vinegar

asked by S. Rodriguez 22 days ago

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

I know white and apple cider vinegars have the right percentage of acid for pickling. Not sure about the rice vinegar.

3d6b515c 5134 4af9 8148 ce3943eda528  1px white

Rice vinegar is heavily used for pickling in Japan, arguably the country with the most sophisticated and appreciative connoisseurs of pickled food.

Thanks, cv...of course! I was taught white and cider. Onions are my favorite pickled, I’ll try them with rice vinegar.