A question about a recipe: Japanese Cheesecake (Regular, Chocolate, Cherry)

5fd62ef3 ac02 47ad acb4 328ba4a9d857  2018 0108 japanese cheesecake 3x2 bobbi lin 6623

I have a question about the recipe "Japanese Cheesecake (Regular, Chocolate, Cherry)" from Erin McDowell. The instructions state to add vanilla extract but it is not in the list of ingredients. How much vanilla?

asked by T 10 months ago

Erin's pretty good about responding to questions about her recipes however it is St. Valentine's Day and as a professional baker she may be busy with other responsibilities/commitments today.

I suggest you wait for her response if possible.

If you need to make this right now, I would probably use 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, maybe as much as 1/2 teaspoon (after tasting the batter), but no more.

Best of luck.