Alice Medrich
Alice Medrich

Alice is a James Beard Foundation and IACP award-winning author of ten cookbooks, including her latest, Flavor Flours.

I've used loaf pans with great success and see no reason why a bundt pan wouldn't work perfectly and be quite lovely, but I haven't tried it. Let us know!

A
A

Thanks! It's cooling as we speak -- I buttered the heck out of the pan, so we will see how well the cake comes out. I will say this recipe made an overfilled 10-cup pan plus six smallish cupcakes, so in the future, I would err on the side of the 12-cup pan and still expect some extra batter.

A
A

It came out with a slight hitch, but no stress. I'm debating whether to cut off the bottom to make it sit flat. Normally I would, but the crunch on the top of this cake is lovely, and I'm not sure I want to lose that. I'm going to use a blood orange glaze on it, which I think will go well with the olive oil and mild cocoa flavors.

Alice Medrich
Alice Medrich

Thanks for the update. In general I like the look of the right side up with split on top, but those bundts pans are so compelling....and especially if you plan to glaze it. Decisions decisions decisions!