A question about a recipe: Rachel Khoo's Sticky Malaysian Chicken with Pineapple Salad

I have a question about the recipe "Rachel Khoo's Sticky Malaysian Chicken with Pineapple Salad" from The Curious Pear. Is chicken bone in or boneless and with skin or skinless or does it matter

• Posted by: Lyn
  • April 12, 2018

Voted the Best Reply!

702551 April 12, 2018
The photo shows bone-in chicken parts with skin.

This dish looks flexible enough where one could use boneless and/or skinless chicken. Boneless pieces may cook faster, so you will want to monitor doneness earlier.

Skinless pieces will probably have a little less flavor and won't have the pleasing brown and crispy skin as exhibited in the photo.

Your call.

Best of luck.

Scott April 12, 2018
That's why I read these forums.

I am by no means a "foodie", and also have a limited palate- I just read for new taste ideas that suit me and solutions for problems.
I like to see the questions and decide what my response would be before reading what other, better cooks will say.

I nailed this one. You will lose some of the flavor going boneless (but it's faster) or even more if you go skinless.- but it all depends on what you prefer.

HalfPint April 12, 2018
Most likely the chicken is bone-in and with skin, since I've never seen boneless drumsticks. Doesn't matter. Only difference would be less time to cook. 45 minutes is a bit long for b/s thighs.