A question about a recipe: One-Pot Spicy and Creamy Chicken Pasta

E4244853 3cdf 453d 933d c72ca28f95c6  2018 0124 one pot spicy creamy chicken pasta 3x2 james ransom 0137

I have a question about the recipe "One-Pot Spicy and Creamy Chicken Pasta" from Lindsay Maitland Hunt. So, are you using rotisserie chicken from the grocery store? Or am I wrong to assume the shredded chicken is precooked?

asked by Jenni about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

I would think your assumption that it's pre-cooked is correct, since 1) it is easily shredded, and 2) because it is added at the end and cooked only briefly. Leftover or rotisserie chicken seems about right.

added about 1 month ago

The chicken in the recipe must be precooked. You are only cooking it a minute or two to reheat it, not enough time for actual cooking of raw meat.

Lindsay Maitland Hunt
added about 1 month ago

Yes - it is cooked, shredded chicken. thanks!