A question about a recipe: Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake (National Trust Version)

24f4635e 10f5 497b 8701 72000d11ecf3  2017 0912 ottolenghi lemon poppyseed loaf cake instagram bobbi lin 2441

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake (National Trust Version)" from Helen . The corrections on the book call for sour cream instead of heavy cream. A whisk instead of a paddle attachment on medium speed. Has anyone made this cake with these changes?

asked by geugca 7 months ago

Emmie

I have not, but if they issued a correction, it's most likely going to work.

Have made similar recipe with sour cream and it tastes good.
Use hand mixer, so can't comment on paddle blade.

Stephanie B.

If it's the US version and you're in the US, use the corrections. I haven't made this recipe, but I made other recipes before the corrections came out and UK ingredients/instructions did not work well in my US kitchen.