A question about a recipe: Spicy Tuscan Salmon

2f814116 1665 433b a15c bd8e24bd20ca  29512740 448084272301201 4853668485475378063 n

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Tuscan Salmon " from Jacqueline. Are we sure the quantities are correct? That’s an awful lot of Parmesan for 2 and the milk plus the liquid from the spinach makes for a lot of liquid!

asked by Mike Laye about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

@Mike Laye - have a look at another site where Jacqueline has posted her recipe (identical in amounts)
https://canadiancookingadventures...
and this one from Epicurious, which is also by her and has same quantities.
https://www.epicurious...
So, not an error.
Then the question is, do you want to make it?

added about 1 month ago

PS I learned this recipe-comparison trick from cv. When in doubt, first look for another posting of the same or similar recipe.

Mike Laye
added about 1 month ago

Hi Nancy - I already made this last night! It was really delicious and has gone to be one of our 5-star recipes. Next time, I think I would slightly reduce the milk and add a bit more cream, just to slightly thicken the sauce and counteract the moisture given out by the spinach. If serving with pasta, I would have added a drop of cooking water to help thicken, but last night I was serving with crispy potato discs. Also, I'm in France and, on checking, found that the conversion I made for "1/2 cup Parmesan" was incorrect, resulting in 2x the quantity (was 45g NOT the 100g I used).

I really want to say a big "thank you" to Food 52 for their site, discovered recently, which has transformed our meal-times. We have always eaten a good, balanced, Mediterranean-style cuisine but your recipes have inspired and encouraged us to break away from our "routine" dishes.

Our only complaint is about the measurements all being USA-centric - I do wish they could be in Metric, too (even UK cooks are used to using these). As it is, we have to convert pretty much every recipe - and then make silly mistakes, as per the above!!

Many thanks again to them for all their efforts - and to you, personally, for your speedy response to my query.

Best regards

Mike Laye

added about 1 month ago

Mike -
Glad the dish worked and you find food52 helpful.
I have the same problem with conversions back and forth. Get a good chart, memorize the measures for foods you use often and/Or get a scale (I've done the first two; keep meaning to get a scale).