A question about a recipe: Vegetable Manchurian

I have a question about the recipe "Vegetable Manchurian" from Annada Rathi. What temperature should you fry the vegetable balls? Thank you!

58693926 22b8 485a 98ea 829d757530dd  2016 0927 vegetable manchurian indo chinese recipe linda xiao 491
Recipe question for: Vegetable Manchurian

1 Comment

Annada Rathi
Annada Rathi May 20, 2018

Hello Trena, Annada here! I generally fry the Veg Manchurian balls in Indian pan called "kadhai." It is a wok like pan meant specifically for frying. So I have not used a thermometer to check the oil temperature for frying, ever. But I'll tell you the way I determine if the oil is hot enough to start frying. I take a tiny piece of the manchurian ball (or anything that I'm frying) and drop it gently in the oil. If it comes up right away, the oil is hot enough. And secondly, I always heat my oil at medium heat. Sorry but I cannot give a specific temperature.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich May 20, 2018

Thank you for the quick response, Annada! I appreciate your cooking tips.