A question about a recipe: Vegetable Manchurian

58693926 22b8 485a 98ea 829d757530dd  2016 0927 vegetable manchurian indo chinese recipe linda xiao 491

I have a question about the recipe "Vegetable Manchurian" from Annada Rathi. What temperature should you fry the vegetable balls? Thank you!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked 3 months ago

Annada Rathi

Hello Trena, Annada here! I generally fry the Veg Manchurian balls in Indian pan called "kadhai." It is a wok like pan meant specifically for frying. So I have not used a thermometer to check the oil temperature for frying, ever. But I'll tell you the way I determine if the oil is hot enough to start frying. I take a tiny piece of the manchurian ball (or anything that I'm frying) and drop it gently in the oil. If it comes up right away, the oil is hot enough. And secondly, I always heat my oil at medium heat. Sorry but I cannot give a specific temperature.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Thank you for the quick response, Annada! I appreciate your cooking tips.