2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spinach Balls with Mustard Sauce

4aa57066 cc0d 11e5 8e45 3c15c2d2bb38  46 full

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach Balls with Mustard Sauce" from ChefJune. I am going to use fresh spinach because I have a lot of it. Other than squeezing liquid out, is there anything else I need to know? Thanks in advance

asked by SKK almost 6 years ago

I've used fresh spinach, too. Just steam the spinach and then squeeze out the excess water. It will work just fine.

What to look for to tell they're done? They should have a crispy outside.

On the matter of baking them from frozen, I heat the oven, then put them in, and figure at least 10 extra minutes of baking time after the original baking time in the recipe. I test by tasting one. When they're hot in the center, they're done.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.