A question about a recipe: Banana Pudding Icebox Cake

2defbe61 4206 4386 af8c f7372eb8c281  2018 0516 banana pudding icebox cake 3x2 rocky luten 039

I have a question about the recipe "Banana Pudding Icebox Cake" from Emma Laperruque. My malted milk powder is not sweet, contains no sugar. Is that the product you specify? If not, how to sweeten?

asked by liz schneider 3 months ago

@liz, that sounds about right. Malted milk powder doesn’t contain sugar but has a sweetness from the lactose in the milk. The other ingredients, especially the vanilla wafers, in the recipe will provide plenty of sugar and sweetness. No need to add additional sweetener to the recipe.

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

Hi Liz, HalfPint said exactly what I would have. Thanks, HalfPint!