A question about a recipe: Absurdly Addictive Asparagus

E53e7186 df51 47c0 bcbd c99159ac4a24  2013 1107 absurdly addictive asparagus 021

I have a question about the recipe "Absurdly Addictive Asparagus" from kaykay. I'd love to make this for a dinner party on Saturday. One person is lactose intolerant. Is the butter an essential ingredient? Could I use high quality olive oil instead?

asked by KarenO over 7 years ago

While the butter is a great addition, I think you could sub in olive oil, and it would still be delicious.

lauren atchison

i use olive oil margarine ( best life, etc) for EVERYTHING, haven't tried this yet but that's what i'm planning to use

healthierkitchen

I've made it many times with olive oil and it's still delicious! The interesting combination of flavors carries the dish.