A question about a recipe: Dark Chocolate-Olive Oil Skillet Banana Bread

A3ad2703 3552 45ad ae4b 9dd3829d33aa  2018 0111 banana bread olive oil cake 3x2 julia gartland 2362

I have a question about the recipe "Dark Chocolate-Olive Oil Skillet Banana Bread" from EmilyC. Can I use a 100% cocoa bar melted instead of cocoa?

asked by D-YUH 3 months ago

Well...… the bar will contain cocoa butter; the usual suggestion for substitution of cocoa for chocolate is 3 Tb. cocoa and 1 Tb. oil for 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate; you could work back from that to get a quantity. The cocoa butter will effect the recipe to some extent- you could either account for it by reducing other fat in the recipe, or let it go and hope for the best; it's very unlikely to be disastrous, you might even prefer it.