A question about a recipe: Bourbon Soaked Cherry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

2c244826 186e 401b a857 9cf0b91ec989  icecream 3

I have a question about the recipe "Bourbon Soaked Cherry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream" from Traci York. What to do with the raw cashews? The directions do not mention what to do with the soaked raw cashews. Did I miss it somewhere?

asked 4 months ago

Sam corber

It is not clear.

The description says "Bourbon macerated Bing cherries are added to a rich cashew creme, coconut milk and whole vanilla bean base...". The recipe body says "Pour the bourbon mixture into the cashew base mixture and stir well." However, they do not mention how to process the chashews.

They also are not clear about what to do with the cherries. The picture and description clearly states the cherries are in the ice cream ("Bourbon macerated Bing cherries are added to a rich cashew creme") , however, the recipe body states "Before churning, strain the cherries, reserving the bourbon mixture. Pour the bourbon mixture into the cashew base mixture and stir well. "

When in doubt about a recipe here, your web browser is your friend. Often you will be able to find a similar, if not identical, recipe.
Here's one from the web site Vanilla and Bourbon.
Perhaps Traci York also saw it and should them give credit.
In any case, the directions will help solve your problem about what to do with the cashews.
https://vanillaandbean.com/bourbon-soaked-cherry-vanilla-bean-ice-cream/

PS And what to do with the cherries.

Last PS. Further reading shows the Vanilla and Bourbon site is run by someone named Traci. Maybe same person on both sites, and she just didn't transfer her own recipe completely.

It appears to be the same person.

There's an advertisement for an ebook in the gutter on the right side of the Vanilla and Bean website.

The ebook's author is "Traci York."

Thank you so much, Nancy. I thought I was going crazy...