A question about a recipe: One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta (a.k.a. the Lazy Cook's Fettuccine Alfredo)

Ee76d8fa 275e 4b73 848d 69623676bdb5  2016 0610 one pot fettucine alfredo mark weinberg 180

I have a question about the recipe "One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta (a.k.a. the Lazy Cook's Fettuccine Alfredo)" from Sarah Jampel. Wanting to try this but would be using a gluten-free rotini made with brown rice and quinoa which releases a lot of starch. Thoughts? Hoping it would just make for a creamier sauce!

asked by Leslie Kooy 2 months ago

Emmie

I don't see it causing problems--if it turns out too starchy you can always dilute it with a bit of water.

Does it release more starch than wheat pasta? Anyway, the recipe says you can add more milk if the sauce is too thick- you shouldn't have any problem.