A question about a recipe: Fudgy Vegan Banana-Brownie Cake You Can Eat for Breakfast

5e4a848d 8f05 4e7a b76e a98d171bf7c7  2018 0828 vegan banana bread cake 3x2 rocky luten 027

I have a question about the recipe "Fudgy Vegan Banana-Brownie Cake You Can Eat for Breakfast" from Ella Quittner. Is the springform pan essential for this recipe?

asked by Rita 14 days ago

Emmie

As long as you line it and grease it enough, a 9-inch cake pan would probably work fine unless it's very delicate, but from the looks of it it would be substantial enough to survive a flip out of the pan.

Rita

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Ella Quittner

Hi Rita! No, it’s not essential. If you have a roughly 9-inch pie or cake pan with high sides, you can use that. Just be sure to thoroughly grease it and let the cake rest for 45 minutes before attempting to remove it.

Rita

Thank you, Ella! I can't wait to try it.

I second emmie's suggestion to line the pan (with wax paper or parchment- also greased and floured); this can make a huge difference.