A question about a recipe: Fudgy Vegan Banana-Brownie Cake You Can Eat for Breakfast

I have a question about the recipe "Fudgy Vegan Banana-Brownie Cake You Can Eat for Breakfast" from Ella Quittner. Is the springform pan essential for this recipe?

• Posted by: Rita
  • September 7, 2018

Emmie
Emmie September 7, 2018

As long as you line it and grease it enough, a 9-inch cake pan would probably work fine unless it's very delicate, but from the looks of it it would be substantial enough to survive a flip out of the pan.

Rita
Rita September 7, 2018

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Ella Quittner
Ella Quittner September 8, 2018

Hi Rita! No, it’s not essential. If you have a roughly 9-inch pie or cake pan with high sides, you can use that. Just be sure to thoroughly grease it and let the cake rest for 45 minutes before attempting to remove it.

Rita
Rita September 8, 2018

Thank you, Ella! I can't wait to try it.

Smaug September 8, 2018

I second emmie's suggestion to line the pan (with wax paper or parchment- also greased and floured); this can make a huge difference.