A question about a recipe: Farmacy Kitchen's Raw Chocolate Tart

3cba44a0 d5c3 410c 88cb e88a8250250d  2018 0914 raw chocolate tart 3x2 jenny huang 32746

I have a question about the recipe "Farmacy Kitchen's Raw Chocolate Tart" from Food52. Suggestions for a substitution for the cashews because of a nut allergy, please

asked by belgraviagirl 3 months ago

I've used seeds. Pumpkin give more flavor than sunflower and have used both.

That's probably as good a sub as you'll find, but it should be noted that cashews are the body of the filling on this; their bland sweetness can't really be duplicated, and a substitute will be a pretty radical departure from the original.

Ttrockwood

Raw sunflower seeds would be a good option. (Not roasted) Note there are hazelnuts in the crust, so if you’re allergic to all nuts swap those as well.
There will definitely be a flavor of the sunflower seeds that is noticeable in the end result.