A question about a recipe: Thai Summer Squash Curry

1c1d6d90 4f94 48cc 9153 babf62b32ae7  2015 0908 thai summer squash curry james ransom 026

I have a question about the recipe "Thai Summer Squash Curry" from Alexandra Dawson. Cilantro & Thai Basil were suggested as additions...but nobody mentioned how much of each to add! How much of each should I use?

asked by Deb Thobe 2 months ago

You can't really measure either of those accurately, so it would have to be to taste. They're both powerful flavors, though- a tablespoon finely chopped would be a reasonable guess. Cilantro arouses a lot of strong feelings- you'd want to know how your potential eaters feel about it; in my own experience, if finely chopped and cooked 15 min. or so it loses most of what people dislike in it, but some people are quite vehement.

Lost_in_NYC

Honestly as garnishes its really up to you and your preference for each herb.

(You don't need to the follow the recipe to an exact "T" if you can't learn to improvise on ingredients that you like/dislike!)