A question about a recipe: Miso-Mushroom Pasta

B0ea8eb2 0a3c 4d08 a1a0 80586633d75e  2018 0914 miso mushroom pasta 3x2 jenny huang 32871

I have a question about the recipe "Miso-Mushroom Pasta" from Yi Jun Loh. What type of cream do you use? Light 20%, Heavy 35%? or something else?

asked by Joan about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

I think a lot of this will come down to your own personal preference.

Admittedly over 90% of my cooking is done without following recipes, and I have not made this particular preparation.

That said, if I were to make something similar I might use a lighter cream since I am simply not enthralled with pastas with rich cream sauces. But some people here adore gutbuster dishes.

The supplied photograph does not show a dish with a thick unctuous cream sauce, so I'm thinking that something that ends up with a lighter result is what the author intended.

Anyhow best of luck.

Ttrockwood
added about 1 month ago

Considering the recipe calls for 1/2 cup i would use the lighter option, i think to much of a heavy high fat cream will hide some of the mushroom flavor