A question about a recipe: Melissa Clark's Instant Pot Chili

26a5a728 96a4 4c7d 991b 99d91c46afeb  melissa clark easy weeknight chili christopher testani

I have a question about the recipe "Melissa Clark's Instant Pot Chili" from Food52. May I use ground turkey for the meat?

asked by Ladyjudith about 1 month ago

Liz D
added about 1 month ago

I don't see why not, although you won't get the flavor of pork or beef. It'd still be good, though; I think there's enough spices to carry the flavor banner here. Sometimes I use a dash of worcestershire sauce when cooking with ground turkey, just to add a little extra flavor

Liz D
added about 1 month ago

Also, you might shorten the cooking time just a bit

Ttrockwood
added about 1 month ago

Just be sure to use a ground turkey that has some fat- ie not those very lean ground turkey, you need the fat there to help develop and carry the flavor.
Note there are also several companies that make excellent meatless crumbles which are great for chili including trader joe’s, beyond meat, and boca brands