🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coconut Cajeta & Chocolate Fondue

D687384c 0945 4379 925a 2955606b8b3c  022211f 206

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut Cajeta & Chocolate Fondue" from hardlikearmour. If I want to make this for a dinner party, can it be made ahead and reheated? Any tips for doing so?

Thanks!

asked by UhOhSarah about 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Yes, it can be made ahead. I just reheat it in my electric fondue pot, on low and it works well. Alternately reheat in a double boiler or in the microwave on 50%, stirring every minute or so. At room temperature it's very pudding-like in texture, and warm it is thinner. The biggest tip is to make sure you use really high fat coconut milk (like 120 cal of fat per 1/3 cup serving or the equivalent.) With lower fat coconut milk the caramel will break when you add the chocolate. Hope you enjoy!