A question about a recipe: Sheri Castle's Instant Pot Bourbon & Cola Beef Short Ribs

6998e35a 1a15 4a8c b10e 4967748ddad6  bourbon cola beef short ribs he le ne dujardin

I have a question about the recipe "Sheri Castle's Instant Pot Bourbon & Cola Beef Short Ribs" from Food52. Our butcher sold us Denver steaks instead. Any adjustments to the recipe needed? They were expensive, so...

asked by BAE about 2 months ago

added about 2 months ago

From what I've read, Denver steaks are from the chuck, flat side of the shoulder. They are relatively tender with good marbling. Here's some great info on them: http://www.foodrepublic...

I think it's going to be similar to short ribs, in terms of the fat marbling, but I would not cook as long as the recipe instructs, maybe shorten that cooking time of 55 minutes in the pressure cooker. to about 35-40 minutes and see if it's ok. I always fear overcooking meat. If it's not tender enough you can always cook it some more.