A question about a recipe: Japanese 7-Eleven Egg Salad Sandwich

0715be0f bef7 4799 b33d 1ef89fe48906  2017 0912 japanese egg salad sandwich bobbi lin 2051

I have a question about the recipe "Japanese 7-Eleven Egg Salad Sandwich" from Nikkitha Bakshani. What is Kewpie mayonnaise?

asked by Leslie VB 18 days ago

Nikkitha Bakshani
Nikkitha Bakshani

Nikkitha is an Associate Editor at Food52.

It's a type of mayo that uses just egg yolks instead of the whole egg. You can find at at most Asian grocery stores or online. Enjoy!

Kewpie is a Japanese food company and one of their products is mayonnaise.

The primary difference is that rice vinegar is used instead of distilled vinegar as in typical US commercial mayos.

The mayonnaise is available in marketed in many Asian countries as well as the USA.

https://www.kewpie.co.jp/english/products/mayonnaise.html

Leslie VB

Thank you. I will try a hand and make my own.