A question about a recipe: Turmeric Sugar Cookies

5cf0ce2c 8944 49ea a5ce 0349e287bea7  2018 0914 turmeric cookies 3x2 jenny huang 32632

I have a question about the recipe "Turmeric Sugar Cookies" from Emma Laperruque. Would it be possible to make the dough a few days ahead of time and put it in the freezer?

asked by Sena Agawu about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

No reason why not, but tightly wrapped in the refrigerator would do fine.

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

added about 1 month ago

Hi Sena! You can definitely freeze the dough in advance. I usually freeze cookie dough balls instead of baking the whole batch—this way, I can bake cookies on a moment's notice. In this case, freeze the balls before rolling them in the sugar mixture (which would get wonky in the freezer). Just roll the balls in the sugar mixture right before baking. Depending on how frozen the dough still is, you may need to add another minute or two to the bake time.