A question about a recipe: Whiskey & Apple Cider Syrup (aka the Only Fall Cocktail You Need in Your Life)

I have a question about the recipe "Whiskey & Apple Cider Syrup (aka the Only Fall Cocktail You Need in Your Life)" from Cory Baldwin. Also, any reason to not spice it by adding cinnamon sticks or other spices during the boil?

• Posted by: Cybele
  • October 30, 2018
  • 1 Comment

1 Comment

Cory Baldwin
Cory Baldwin October 30, 2018

You totally can! Sometimes I’ll add a cinnamon stick or other mulling spices while I’m reducing, but it’s important to note that because it simmers so long and the cider reduces by so much, a little REALLY goes a long way. I actually prefer it without any spices added while simmering—for me, adding a cinnamon stick garnish to the cocktail gives the drink the right amount of spice. But it’s definitely worth experimenting and figuring out what spice infusions you like!