A question about a recipe: No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream

3ccad0e9 f7dd 41f7 8f92 26af7b647c59  2018 1026 no churn pumpkin ice cream 3x2 mark weinberg 390

I have a question about the recipe "No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream" from Emma Laperruque. How long would this keep in the freezer?

asked by Alice 11 days ago

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

Hi Alice! The short answer is: I've kept homemade ice cream in my freezer for months and still enjoyed it. The long answer: Freezers' freeze-thaw cycles (basically, temperature fluctuations) slowly affect the consistency/iciness of homemade ice cream. Which is to say, homemade ice cream is theoretically better sooner rather than later. So, you could make it now, serve it on Thanksgiving, and it would be great. Or you could make it in a week or another week. Really, whatever's best with your schedule! (Either way, just make sure to let it sit out for a few minutes before serving, so it's easily scoopable.)