A question about a recipe: Twelve-Hour Lamb Shoulder with Ras el Hanout

7862e3c6 c785 490e 8a60 256cbb225b76  2016 1011 twelve hour lamb shoulder with ras el hanout james ransom 295

I have a question about the recipe "Twelve-Hour Lamb Shoulder with Ras el Hanout" from Michelle McKenzie. Do you think it would be a good idea to complete the slow braise a day before I want to serve this dish and then slowly reheat? I'm thinking about this dish for my do-ahead Thanksgiving main!

asked by Katie Hornstein 30 days ago

This dish looks like a great candidate to be prepared a day or two before serving per the author's headnote.

It's similar to chili or other meat stews in that regard. It will likely be better given a day or two for the flavors to marry.