A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. I'm interested in putting stuffing in this turkey- does that change anything?

asked by Liz Abenstein 28 days ago

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

Hi! Go to the thread for the recipe. This question has been addressed there several times. Personally, I don't stuff the bird because the stuffing won't get to 165 degrees before the turkey meat is cooked which means you'll have raw turkey juices in your stuffing. Also, this bird is saltier so even if you got the stuffing to 165 somehow your stuffing probably wouldn't be good. I'd make it in a side casserole and put some drippings on top for that turkey taste.