A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. Am doing Judy Bird for first time, I have a thermador electric oven with convection roast setting. I have used it for chicken. How should I adjust temperature and cooking time for the Judy Bird.

asked by Sauertea about 1 month ago

soupcon
added about 1 month ago

Reduce the oven temperature by 25*F, and reduce the cooking time by about one quarter.

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

added about 1 month ago

I cook it at 325 and use the cooking times in the recipe minus approximately 20%. The Judy bird cooks much faster than a wet-brined turkey.