A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Pie Cobbler

50688e84 ce56 40f3 928f ecc3e0deb603  2018 0726 pumpkin pie cobbler 3x2 julia gartland 14888

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Pie Cobbler" from Erin McDowell. How far in advance can this cobbler be made & frozen or refrigerated?

asked by CoffeeAndBaconYum about 1 month ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

The cobbler is definitely best the same day it is made, though it can be made up to one day ahead. I prefer to store it at room temperature, but you can refrigerate it if that makes you squeamish - the crust will eventually begin to absorb moisture from the filling and become a big soggy.