A question about a recipe: Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

I have a question about the recipe "Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting" from lighterandlocal. I like the idea of weighing your ingredients, but how much does 2 cups of flour weigh?

EllenOnWheelz
EllenOnWheelz March 10, 2011

The simplest way to determine the weight of flour is to actually weigh a cup's worth of flour on your own kitchen scale (digital most accurate). Also, do you want the weight in grams or ounces? A good digital kitchen scale should have both measurement types. You can find plenty of articles online about weighing flour but About.com (http://busycooks.about.com/od/howtobake/a/measureflour.htm) has a good one on the subject.

Happy weighing!

lighterandlocal
lighterandlocal March 10, 2011

EllenBakes is correct, there are also a ton of conversion sites on the web that will do the math for you.