A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Pie Cobbler

50688e84 ce56 40f3 928f ecc3e0deb603  2018 0726 pumpkin pie cobbler 3x2 julia gartland 14888

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Pie Cobbler" from Erin McDowell. Does this recipe divide in half pretty easily? I’m thinking of using an 8x8 dish. And should I take a reduced bake time into account?

asked by Anita Rodriguez 20 days ago

Brinda Ayer

Hi Anita,

Halving this recipe and putting it in an 8x8 pan should work just fine. And if you end up wanting to use another pan size, here's a handy guide to adjusting your baking recipe to fit a different-sized pan than indicated: https://food52.com/blog...

As for a reduced baking time, I'd start checking in with it around 25 to 30 minutes in, keeping a close eye on the dish from then on (particularly, the pie crust on top) and leaving it in the oven until the pie crust is fully cooked. When you check in with your pie crust, you'll want to look out for a nice, brown color; a crisp, flaky texture; and when you insert a knife in the center of the dish, it should come out warm, indicating the filling is warm as well.

Hope this helps. Happy Thanksgiving!