A question about a recipe: Angel Corn

6d352511 a86f 48d8 9e4c 832db3ee30ad  2018 1109 angel corn 3x2 rocky luten 018

I have a question about the recipe "Angel Corn" from Cory Baldwin. Could I use half and half instead of the heavy cream?

asked by Jennifer Tietz 21 days ago

Anna Billingskog

Hello Jennifer, I think the recipe would still be fine with half and half. Its possible the end result could have more liquid as heavy cream thickens more but taste wise should be still fine.

Cory Baldwin

Hi Jennifer! Is this because you're trying to cut fat or because half & half is what you happen to have on hand? If it's the former, for a recipe that's already this indulgent, I'd say just go full throttle on the cream, you'll wind up with better flavor. I've made it with half heavy and half light cream with good results, so perhaps subbing all light cream instead of heavy would be fine.