A question about a recipe: French chocolate silk pie

4837991f e180 4608 9d49 756f51a3839c  img 2919 web

I have a question about the recipe "French chocolate silk pie" from Oh Sweet Day!. what does the 2 pieces mean for eggs? both yolk and white right. plus, is their a white version of this? like french cream silk or white chocolate silk?

asked by Tiffany Castiglione 20 days ago

I would go with 2 eggs; it probably has to do with the mechanics of writing/submitting a recipe on this site, wherein the recipe writer has to select some of the wording from a drop-down menu. Although a better choice of wording now exists in the drop-down menu, that may not have been the case when this recipe was first submitted. Perhaps one of the editors or the recipe writer will chime in.

Agree with Lisanne on the wording and recipe likely needs 2 whole large eggs.
There may be a white chocolate version, but look for a separate tested recipe.
Don't just substitute white chocolate for dark or milk as they are different foods and cook differently.