A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Pie Cobbler

50688e84 ce56 40f3 928f ecc3e0deb603  2018 0726 pumpkin pie cobbler 3x2 julia gartland 14888

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Pie Cobbler" from Erin McDowell. What could I have done to prevent crust pieces from submerging themselves in the filling?

asked by Randi 18 days ago

Azora Zoe Paknad
Azora Zoe Paknad

Zoe is an Account Executive at Food52.

Hi Randi-- eek! Been there. I will look into a longterm solution, but when this happens to me, I bake the custard/pie until it begins to set, and then add my pie dough pieces, which I have brushed with eggwash and a little extra sugar in advance. Hopefully with the addition of the sugar, and perhaps set on the top rack of the oven, the pie dough still browns to your liking for crispy, flaky, deliciousness.