A question about a recipe: Strawberry-Mascarpone Tart

8ed1734a c8de 45ed 99a7 7e876380d6af  2013 0618 strawberry tart 010

I have a question about the recipe "Strawberry-Mascarpone Tart" from eeshani. Could I possibly leave out the rum or use something other than liquor? I don’t like using liquor in my recipes. Thanks

asked by Linda kaldor 10 days ago

You could skip it- maybe use a little more vanilla.

Imogen

I would add something else to give the recipe "sharpness" in place of liquor - maybe a little bit of zest or juice of citrus.

Sharpness for rum?
Citrus? Not to my taste.
It's only a tablespoon, so I agree with Smaug...might as well just omit and not replace.
But if you want to include something else for complexity, I'd go for semi-sweet or dark chocolate; maple, date or pomegranate syrup or molasses.
All different tastes, to be sure, but picking up on the sugar base of rum.