A question about a recipe: Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart

Ecaac223 4c57 4926 aa7b 97be6d54d8d2  food52 12 18 12 1328

I have a question about the recipe "Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart " from dymnyno. is superfine sugar necessary? can superfine sugar be approximated by putting regular, granulated sugar in the food processor?

asked by maggieh over 7 years ago

Lizthechef

I have made this wonderful tart about 8-10 times. I don't think superfine sugar is necessary. What I would watch, however, is how sweet your Meyers are. Sometimes I cut back on the sugar to get the degree of tartness that I'm looking for.

nutcakes

You can blend sugar finer in a blender. Not sure about a food processor. This recipe is on my 'to do' list, but all you want here is to dissolve the sugar, so just blend a bit longer. Or blend, let sit a few minutes, blend again.

maggieh

hey, thanks.

sixtyfive

I didn't have any superfine on hand so I put regular sugar in the blender for a few minutes BEFORE adding the other stuff. Worked fine.