A question about a recipe: Richard Sax’s Chocolate Cloud Cake

C8630eb8 8382 4b71 bf81 bfd3dabcc248  chocolate cloud cake genius desserts 3x2 1861 1

I have a question about the recipe "Richard Sax’s Chocolate Cloud Cake" from Genius Recipes. Can the cake part be made ahead of time... and maybe be refrigerated overnight (but not frozen)?

asked by Carol 8 days ago

I used to make a virtually identical cake from a 1980 cookbook- it will keep fine for at least a couple of days at room temp and is really best at that temp, adding the cream just before serving.

Eric Kim
Eric Kim

Eric is the Senior Editor at Food52

What Smaug said. Alternatively, yes, I do love a choc cloud cake straight from the fridge. The crispy edges get even chewier, like a good meringue, and the insides are still fudge-y and yummy. Just serve with whipped cream (hides all the blemishes).

I'm also a fan of cold chocolate; on the other hand, I'm pretty sure that this cake, without the cream, would keep much longer at room temp., probably a week without problems, I've just never had one last long enough to test the theory.