A question about a recipe: Sugar Cookie Bars

I have a question about the recipe "Sugar Cookie Bars" from Grant Melton. Can the Sugar Cookie bar recipe be halved?

2107e2e8 ce98 47f1 ba05 715e8b1f4b6c  2018 1115 sugar cookie bars 3x2 rocky luten 056
Recipe question for: Sugar Cookie Bars

Lori Terwilliger
Lori Terwilliger December 11, 2018

You probably could, but then you'd run into a problem with baking pan size and baking time as a result. Sugar cookies freeze quite well, though, either baked or as dough, if wrapped well. So why not go ahead and make the full recipe, and freeze half for later?

Jane Franchak
Jane Franchak December 11, 2018

Good idea! Thanks for your quick reply.

Grant Melton
Grant Melton December 11, 2018

Hi Jane! Yes, the ingredients can be halved but you should bake in a smaller dish. An 8x8 baking dish would probably work nicely. My other suggestion would be to make the recipe in full and, once it's baked and cooled, cut the sheet of cookie in half. You can use one half now and wrap the other tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for later! Happy baking!